If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully. By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Using this website indicates that you accept these Terms and Conditions regardless of whether or not you choose to order from us. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using this website.
1. INTRODUCTION 1.1 You will be able to access all public areas of this website without registering your details with us.
1.2 We reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. Please take time to review the current terms and conditions, because they are regarded as legally binding .
2. Portrayal of Products 2.1 While every effort has been made to portray articles accurately, slight variations may occur.
2.2 All measurements and sizing quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing process will allow.
2.3 Please note that there may be variations in colours dependent on the calibration and settings of individual screens.
3. ORDERING FROM FAUX GEEK STUFF 3.1 You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered. This indicates that we have accepted your order, and placed it in the queue of orders to be manufactured.
3.2 Once you have received the acceptance of the order: (a) in the case of items which are custom made, we will allow up to 7 days for alteration of said order, for example, to change the colour or fabric for a towel, or to supply further colour requirements. (b) in the case of ready-made items, these will be dispatched within the stated time period. You will be allowed to cancel the order or return the item up to 14 days after you have received it. After this time, cancellation or return of the order will be at our discretion. We cannot accept returns of orders after 28 days from receipt.
3.3 We may refuse to accept an order:
(a) where fabrics are not available;
(b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
(c) if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
(d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
4. PRICING 4.1 All prices on this site are quoted in pounds sterling (£).
4.2 Our current delivery charges are based on prices freely available on the Post Office/ Parcel Force websites, with a small contribution towards packaging.
5. CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY 5.1 Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014, UK customers have the right to cancel an order within 7 working days of receipt of the goods. This does not include any items that have been personalised or made to personal specifications; video recordings; food or other items that you have unsealed; or cost of carriage. The regulations are designed to protect consumers when buying products by mail order or over the internet.
5.2 Items are deemed to have been specifically made or personalised if you have:
a) chosen a non-standard (“custom”) fabric or colour for an item
b) provided personal measurements which differ from the proportions listed on our sizing chart.
c) required changes or alterations to a design to personalize it, rendering it different from the original design work on the Faux Geek website.
5.3 Certain items cannot be returned if they are removed from packaging, unless they are grossly unfit for purchase. As a result of this, we can only accept returns for hairclips, hairbands and bows if they are still in the original packaging and sealed. We will refund on these items if they are unfit for purpose, e.g. broken, or damaged so as to be unwearable. Please examine items carefully before opening the packaging, and contact us if you suspect damage has occurred in the post.
5.3 Under the conditions of the Consumer Contracts Regulations Act 2014, we are required to pay return postage on goods which are faulty, or are unwanted substitutes. We never substitute items without prior consultation with the client.
Here is a handy link to a simply explanation of your rights: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations
6. LICENCE 6.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your own use on the following basis:
(a) no documents or related graphics on this website are modified in any way;
(b) no graphics on this website are used separately from accompanying text; and
(c) any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
6.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of extracts from this website other than in accordance with clause 5.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this website.
6.3 Subject to clause 5.1, no part of this website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
6.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
7. SERVICE ACCESS 7.1 While we endeavor to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
7.2 Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
8.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
(d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
8.3 You may not misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
8.4 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clauses 7.2 or 7.3.
9. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES 9.1 Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
10. DISCLAIMER 10.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
10.2 The material on this Website is provided "as is" without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this website.
11. LIABILITY 11.1 We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this website, any websites linked to this website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
11.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
11.3 If your use of material on this website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
11.4 You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this website, or the use by any other person using your registration details. Your statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
11.5 We endeavour to check the accuracy of the information on this site. However, we do not warrant that such information will be error free and the user acknowledges that information, products and services published on this website may include inaccuracies and typological errors.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION 12.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12.2 We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws